As is appropriate for Love Week, some hard and fast points.
- Get well soon Julian! Please don’t be dead!
- Aoibhin & Vitali getting a 10 for randomly stomping around and clapping to Dead Ringer For Love and calling it a jive is VERY much my Strictly Come Dancing dream and has cemented them as my favourites.
- This is not just because it’s become 100% obvious that Vitali is basically Pasha with even goofier faces and worse English. Honest
- Teresa on the other hand took a foxtrot involving gondolas in which her pro “fell” in the “canal” and did not use it as an opportunity to reference “SOME PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SPOTTED IN THE WATER!” so I’m not saying she’s no dead to me but…
- Valeria is still super strange and I love it
- Katherine waxing philosophical about her internal struggle over whether she was playing Good Sandy or Bad Sandy for her Grease themed quickstep was another step on the ever growing ladder of Katherine Is Taking This Gay Nonsense Too Seriously
- Love Week was kind of fun, although I wish all the pros had been forced to dance to songs with “Love” in the title, like they were on Strictly.
- Nice to see the next roadblock on Dayl’s path to victory is “technique” I was wondering when the judges were going to start picking up on that with…anybody.
- LOL at them suddenly marking Des C “properly” and scolding him for rotten dancing when his cha cha wasn’t notciably worse than his salsa was. Double LOL for them putting him in the pretend Bottom 3, I’m so sure.
- Des and Karen repeatedly insisting that their cha cha was only content free cutesy posing because they had to chintz it up to avoid making it an ON FLOOR FROT fest was amazing. Like the only two options were Titwank Tornado or chaste cupcakes and pastels.
- Ryan trying really really hard to light, cute, and charming choreography for Denise was adorable. It kind of working was a pleasing narrative development in terms of the watchability of the final. Him immediately ruining it all by snarling and sneering and snapping at the judges and then accusing the other pros of plagiarising their choreography off of the Youtubes was amazing
- Switch Up Week sounds super lame
- I’m sorry that I gave so much shine to Dr Eva’s elimination tour of terror, as this week Des B spent the whole episode gobbing off constantly, hooting at his own jokes, noisily swearing, repeatedly rubbing his nipples (!) and begging the audience to vote because his nephew’s in the audience and he’s promised him he won’t get eliminated. And then he got cut. Hee hee. I swear, between this boot and Thalia’s this whole series is going to get used by so many people during the next series of Strictly as evidence as to why we “need” the dance-off, to keep the “promising” dancers in, but personally I’m loving the carnage. NEVER introduce the dance-off Dancing With The Stars Ireland NEVER.